One Year of Collaging

Gayle Montgomery in Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico is making One Year of Collaging...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project to keep the creative juices flowing even on days that I am blocked or have too much going on to do a larger piece.  This year began with difficulties and I did not have much energy to engage in larger and more detailed work so I used a 6 x 8 book and started to make the small collages.  I limit my time to approximately 15 minutes so it is spontaneous and intuitive...some are wonderful and others not so but I am creating just the same.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? The project gives me new insight into my world and a new awareness of my being.  One begins to view their surrounding quite differently when they set a conscious goal to create something big or small every day.  Years ago I was in a debilitating work environment with little time to create and decided to do something similar by writing a haiku every day for a year.  At the end of the year I made a handmade book with 52 envelopes where I inserted all the haikus I had written for that week which I printed on vellum. 

I have always felt that a creative person is a happier person and with my own blog I try to inspire others to 'take up arms' and find an outlet for creativity however large or small.

See Gayle's collages HERE







1 comment:

365 Dresses said...

Beautiful collages. I did a 365 project so I understand the scope of what you've done.